Chronicles of my adventure down under!

**Comments**

If you don't have a Google account, you can post comments under "Anonymous".

Thursday, July 19

Darling Harbour and Canberra

I am writing from a chat room in the Youth Hostel in Canberra- this whole computer is in Chinese which just makes me laugh. The last couple of days have been crazy with orientation. I actually fell asleep during Harry Potter I was so tired!! Yesterday I slept most of the morning and then did the Walk to the Water down to Darling Harbour. It was amazing- it's still a bit unreal that I'm here.



Then we went out to our new favorite hangout, the Landsowne Hotel. Dinner is only $5! That is pretty awesome considering how expensive things are. Here was the live entertainment for the night- he was amazing and we decided we are his new groupies:


We actually ended up meeting the Sydney Uni rugby team and partied with them all night... Steph, girl above, has made great friends with the Landsdowne owner so we got free drinks all night. It was a lot of fun!
I came to Canberra today to meet my internship people. They are really nice and I'm excited to be here. I'm exhausted since I only got a couple of hours of sleep last night so I will be turning it in very early! I've never stayed in a hostel before... tonight should be interesting!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

YAY...you look so happy :-)

Anonymous said...

It certainly doesn't look like winter there.....

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah,
It's me Althea. Looks like you are seizing the moments. Good Girl! It's fun to see you there. Great place, huh!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you are having so much fun! I hope the hostel treats you well :)

Anonymous said...

Do they have Margaritas in Sydney? I hope you like Canberra.

Anonymous said...

Your haircut still looks fantastic. I'm so glad to see your smiling face. I miss my cubie!

dlm