Chronicles of my adventure down under!

**Comments**

If you don't have a Google account, you can post comments under "Anonymous".

Tuesday, July 17

Orientation and My New Phone

We had orientation the last two days. It was pretty boring and not very useful because I had read all the info packets before I got here. I wasn't going to get a phone while I'm here but I decided I would have more friends if they could actually call me. So I went and got a pre-paid phone this morning. I think it's so cute! It has an FM radio if I want AND it tells you what suburb you're in! Amazing. Maybe this is all the rage in the US but my phone doesn't tell me-- it lets you know if you are at Sydney Uni, Darlington, etc. Now I won't get los and I can make plans without smoke signals :)

My roomate moved in today. Apparently she was here all weekend but they put here in a different room. Not really sure why! She is from the Phillipines- just graduated from high school and is studying law and commerce. I'm really excited about meeting all these new people. Last night we hung out at a pub with a bunch of Brits- it was quite amusing as they acted out all the different British accents. Tonight we are finally going to Harry Potter so I'm very excited- hopefully it won't be sold out! Tomorrow we actually don't have anything going on. Thursday & Friday I'm going to Canberra (the capital) and this weekend I'm going whale watching!!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

You have 6 months to memorize all the British accents and come home with one that you like ;-)

Anonymous said...

only you would be so excited to see "harry potter" on another continent.

Unknown said...

I can't see Harry Potter till I go back to OK because I got Megan to go with me when I get up there! Tell me if you like it!!!